Topics

Tiers and rewards coming soon: a tiny simple poll... #upcoming

Agree, & we're aiming to keep things simple yet powerful enough to fulfill the need... or as Einstein might put it, "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." ;)

We've gotten some great feedback on this via the poll -- thanks to everyone who responded!! Seems like the majority of folks would use something between 4 and 6 levels, but on the other question we're pretty split at about half who prefer each higher tier to include all the benefits of the lower tiers, and half who really just want to make totally separate rewards at different dollar amounts. So if you have a POV on either of those questions and have approx. 90s to take the poll, it is certainly not too late to get your feedback incorporated into the product build (and help us resolve the tie between "additive" and "separate" style tiers):

https://doctorparadox1.typeform.com/to/cSAwIW

Thanks all!!

-b

Gray

I took the poll but, to me, one of the things about tiers/rewards that I think is a pretty big deal is making them as easy-to-sign as possible. If the backer needs to scroll through a whole bunch of lines and information, that's a barrier to donation. (Which is kind of the whole gig.)

Mike

Hey folks!

We're working on adding a new featureset around tiers and rewards -- I'm sure the vast majority of you are familiar with the general concept:

  • Tiers: sets a support threshold at which folks who support you become eligible for a set of benefits, aka rewards
  • Rewards: the benefits that a supporter gets in each tier

Wanted to loop y'all in to plant a seed around brainstorming potential offerings you might want to give supporters as an incentive for supporting you. Sky is the literal limit in terms of creative approaches to this, and we'll be working on getting some guidelines/best practices/case studies to share as we all get up to speed. In the meantime, here is the word's shortest (well, maybe...) poll with a couple of relevant questions about how this will work -- for folks who have the time to take a few moments and provide input, we'll surely make use of it! There's a sneak preview screencap of the back end interface (in progress) at the link below as well for the product-curious. Thanks -- and as always, feel free to drop feedback right into this thread as well.

2-question poll on how rewards/tiers should work on Recurrency:

https://doctorparadox1.typeform.com/to/cSAwIW