Topics

Millennial Mom buying habits and how it affects you

Gray

Hello, creators, thinkers, and shadowy cabal of eliteness,

I saw this article from Newsweek, and thought it might be useful to some of you (since it has actual data, and who doesn’t love a good slice of data?). I’m as burned out on hearing about “millennials” as if they’re some kind of bizarre new species of human, but I think the info is pretty good.

Impact
While none of this data is exactly new to us savvy inter-web types, it does reinforce a handful of things for me.

- Your website should be mobile-friendly.
- Our Recurrency profile is a solid way to knock out all the criteria: Safety (secure transactions), Convenience (setup once, walk away), good value (creators are awesome), good reviews (since every gift has a review), simplicity (see convenience), and recommendations (same as good reviews). Because of the way Recurrency works — asking for the why someone is supporting — I get more “buzz” and automatic reviews than I might otherwise.
- Since Smartphones, desktop, and streaming are so popular, providing our content in accessible ways, and letting our audience know we’re easily accessible in an on-demand way, is a key to growing the audience. I guess I was surprised email didn’t score higher, but that might be because the pollers just looked at media device rather than platform/channel.

I do wish they’d used a control group for comparison (non-moms?) but the results feel like they’d be pretty much the same across the board. What do you guys think?

Mike

Gray

Correction. I said Newsweek. Obviously, it’s Adweek. Not enough coffee yet.

Mike