Topics

Recurrency for Writers: a brief features wishlist poll #polls

Howdy folks! We've been focusing some fire on making Recurrency a better tool for writers specifically, starting with our recent WYSIWYG improvements and motoring on into the following upcoming updates:

  1. Post titles
  2. Post slug / URL editing
  3. Post scheduling
  4. Post list screen -- back end view of all the Messages you've done previously
  5. Post preview -- see how it will look before it's live

Right now the scheduling feature is slated to act as a workaround for "Save a draft" -- schedule it far in the future to act as a stand-in for "True Draft" -- so for those of you who only have 30 seconds, please weigh in quickly on how important a proper Draft mode is to you. For any of you who have a few short minutes to spare, here's a more granular way to weigh in with your preferences on both desired CMS improvements and Recurrency featureset overall: please feel free to share this link with any other writers you may know (whether they are on Recurrency or not) who might be at all interested in shaping the platform to their needs:

Recurrency Writer's Poll

P.S. You don't have to be a Writer with a capital W to lend us your preferences -- creators in any genre/medium who want to weigh in on Recurrency as a vehicle to help share and publish Awesome Stuff in All Forms should by all means jump in! Thanks all!

Draft Mode is cool, but what's most important to me is Edit - as long as I have the option to edit (whether draft or published), I'm good.

Awesome -- there is a workaround for this at the moment, which is to head to your "My Messages" tab from the screen you hit upon login:

my messages tab

But there's a bug i just ticketed that removes the 3-tabbed nav bar from view once you hit My Messages which, for one thing isn't a terribly intuitive way to get at the list of Messages you've posted, and for another isn't a collapsed view of your posts so requires scrolling as well. There's an "Edit" button at the lower left of each post:

edit dat rite heer

We want to morph this "My Messages" tab into a post list screen for you on the back end by which to edit posts a lot more efficiently. We've been thinking (constantly) about ways to make promoting yourselves and your Recurrency profiles and works via social media easier and more fun, as a means of growing your fan base as well as your Recurrency income (& welcome suggestions, always) -- and one idea is to make this post list area more "alerts-based" with some sort of sensible-yet-not-Orwellian level of reminders and helpful hints about interacting with your fans and keeping your most engaged audience even more delighted. Something akin to (feedback welcome):

posting hints nudges alerts

Can't be too noisy either, obviously. Would you want to be reminded or prompted to post and if so, what kind of prompts would you want, how frequently, and how to control / settings desired? Any thoughts welcome... <3

I think your latest post captures what you're after, Barb > straight forward. I'm all in.

thank you sir!! always nice to be noticed and -- even better, rarer -- appreciated. To have the vibe you're throwing down motivate a "hear hear!" It is my goal to have Recurrency be a place where that occurrence is far less rare -- where the expectation is support and camaraderie instead of what we've unfortunately been trained to expect by social media and the slow, sad dwindling embers of the once mighty and unabashedly naive Blog Era, which is vitriol and unabashed opportunism.

as such we daily doggedly pursue the ever exasperating Catch-22 of building the community that makes the community attractive to all the like-minded souls who ought to be in the community (but don't know it yet) so the community continues to grow and create ever more value to its intrepid members -- none more intrepid than all of you O.G.'s here in the heady days of Starting The Party which often involves a lot of awkward wallflowering and quiet binge-drinking in the corner with which to work up the nerve to go talk to that other cool-looking person across the room having identical thoughts redolent with the smell of The Petrifying Fear of New Things.

Thank you!! We shall overcome!! (...& that which we shall overcome is the bureaucratic perversion of creative fire that is the world's worst kept conspiracy making unwitting accomplices out of too damn many of us #cliffnotes)